Our goal is to protect your oral health by preserving your teeth for as long as possible. However, situations can and do occur where extraction of a tooth is our only option.
Supportive, Compassionate Care
Dr. Martik experienced dental problems growing up, so he understands how intimidating procedures like tooth extraction can be. As he learned, though, in the hands of a gentle, caring professional, tooth extraction does not have to be complicated or uncomfortable.
Our team knows that we can provide you with the best care when you feel confident and fully informed about the procedure. We will take all the time needed to answer your questions and explain exactly why extraction is necessary. A caring member of our team will always be by your side to provide support and encouragement before, during, and after treatment.
Common Reasons for Tooth Extraction
We advocate preventive dentistry to keep your teeth healthy and intact whenever it’s possible. But there are situations that make tooth extraction necessary:
- Root Canal Infection – Periodontal infection has penetrated the root canal and cannot be eliminated with traditional treatment.
- Advanced Decay – Decay has damaged a tooth so severely that it cannot be saved with other treatments.
- Damage Due to Dental Trauma – A tooth is broken or fractured below the gum line and cannot be saved any other way.
- Preparation for Dentures – In preparation for full or partial dentures, several or all teeth may need to be removed.
- Orthodontic Treatment – In some cases, a tooth may need to be extracted to correct alignment issues or prepare for orthodontic treatment
Whatever the reason for extraction, you can be assured that we take your concerns seriously and will be there to help you through the procedure.
Please Contact Our Office
If you are experiencing tooth pain or have been told you need an extraction, please contact our Pittsburgh dental office and we will be happy to arrange a consultation. Dr. Martik will evaluate your situation and make appropriate recommendations to provide the treatment you need to protect and maintain your oral health.